Skip to content
Richmond, VA and Virginia-area Resources:
- Side by Side Side by Side is dedicated to creating supportive communities where Virginia’s LGBTQ+ youth can define themselves, belong, and flourish. Side by Side offers many services including many Youth Support Groups, including a Gender Identity (Trans) Group, LGBTQ+Youth Group, Middle School Group and LGBTQ+ Youth of Color Support Group.
- Virginia Ties is a free informational conference held annually, an incredible FREE resource for families.
- VA Pride seeks to unite the segmented LGBT communities throughout the Commonwealth. We strive to be a representative body of the LGBT Community in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We also seek to standardize Pride for the Commonwealth of Virginia by holding a state-wide Annual PrideFest Celebration. VA PrideFest is a free, family-friendly VA Pride event held annually on Browns Island.
- Equality Virginia is Equality Virginia is the leading advocacy organization in Virginia seeking equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. EV believes in a truly inclusive Commonwealth where all are equally valued, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, and a Virginia that is a safe, welcoming, and equal place for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals and their families to live, work, and play.
National and International Resources:
- Gender Spectrum has a mission to create a gender-inclusive world for all children and youth. To accomplish this, we help families, organizations, and institutions increase understandings of gender and consider the implications that evolving views have for each of us.