Richmond, VA and Virginia Resources:
- Side by Side Side by Side is dedicated to creating supportive communities where Virginia’s LGBTQ+ youth can define themselves, belong, and flourish. Side by Side offers many services including many Youth Support Groups, including a Gender Identity (Trans) Group, LGBTQ+ Youth Group, Middle School Group and LGBTQ+ Youth of Color Support Group.
- Virginia Department of Health – Virginia Transgender Health Services and Support
- Virginia TIES is a free informational conference held annually, an incredible FREE resource for families.
- VA Pride seeks to unite the segmented LGBTQ communities throughout the Commonwealth and be a representative body of the LGBTQ Community in the Commonwealth of Virginia. VA PrideFest is a free, family-friendly VA Pride event held annually on Browns Island, a state-wide Annual PrideFest Celebration.
- Equality Virginia is Equality Virginia is the leading advocacy organization in Virginia seeking equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. EV believes in a truly inclusive Commonwealth where all are equally valued, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, and a Virginia that is a safe, welcoming, and equal place for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals and their families to live, work, and play.
National and International Resources:
- Reimagine Gender helps you understand gender so that you can help your organization, community or family thrive.
- Gender Spectrum has a mission to create a gender-inclusive world for all children and youth. To accomplish this, we help families, organizations, and institutions increase understandings of gender and consider the implications that evolving views have for each of us.
- National Center for Transgender Equality advocates to change policies and society to increase understanding and acceptance of transgender people. In the nation’s capital and throughout the country, NCTE works to replace disrespect, discrimination, and violence with empathy, opportunity, and justice.
- Human Rights Campaign – Comprehensive Care Clinics for transgender and non-binary youth (pdf)
- The Trevor Project – Provides intervention and crisis support 24 hours, 7 days a week for those 25 and younger.