The mission of He She Ze and We is to Support, Educate, Advocate for and Empower families to navigate the complex journey of gender identity.
He She Ze and We is an inclusive community comprised of parents, caregivers, and loved ones of transgender and non-binary individuals of all ages, with the majority being youth.
We are dedicated to supporting families throughout their journey with gender identity in Richmond, Virginia and surrounding communities. He She Ze and We was initially formed in 2012 as a group for parents of young gender-expansive children.
Soon after its inception, the need to expand to include families with transgender and/or non-binary loved ones of ALL AGES became clear. Now, He She Ze and We has increased services and outreach to meet the needs of the families of the transgender and/or nonbinary community in partnership with other equality-focused organizations.
Together, we are working to empower and support the whole family!
- Educating and informing people about gender identity
- Supporting families by meeting them where they are
- Inspiring others by sharing personal stories
- Building connections through relationships
- Providing resources
- Nurturing growth on their journey of understanding gender identity
- Advocating for the well-being of all trans individuals.